The intention for the FAST Advisory Committees is to provide input and guidance on future planning for the school.
FAST Academic Advisory Committee
The purpose of the FAST Academic Advisory Committee is to engage school stakeholders and give them a voice in the academic life of the school. This committee will discuss curriculum, review and evaluate industry trends and technology that should be considered for inclusion into curriculum, and offer suggestions and support for additional opportunities for academic enrichment that will further augment the optimal educational development of students at FAST.
- Determine the best mechanism for identifying the classroom technology needs of each teacher, grade and subject
- Create a method of surveying teachers regarding their ongoing needs that is dynamic and can be used consistently as academic and technology trends change
- Develop a budget friendly technology plan and timeline for the school to present to the administration and board of directors for consideration
- Research and vet academic technology (both hardware and software) that has been successful in other schools that could further improve the academic experience for students at FAST
- Identify and secure ways to enrich the academic life of FAST through partnerships, field trip opportunities, speakers, competitions, programs, etc.
- Contribute to both the short and long- term development the FAST academic culture and environment.
Committee Chair: email@example.com
FAST Facilities Committee
The mission of the FAST facilities committee is to create an environment for our students that provides the mental and physical space for innovative thinking while being fiscally responsible stewards of taxpayer, parent and other stakeholder resources.
- Complete Phase 1 (the school as opened in 2016). Includes contractor punch list as well as minor enhancements.
- Complete Phase 1b (the school as envisioned including 7th grade for the fall of 2017). Pending financial plan, Includes significant site work and a gym.
- Complete Phase 2 (the final configuration for the school). Pending financial plan, construction to start in June, 2017.
FAST Finance Committee
Meetings are held at FAST at 1:00pm on the Tuesday before the regular monthly FAST Governing Board meetings. The regular monthly FAST Governing Board meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month.
FAST Membership Committee
Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org