A public lottery was held at the school on February 11, 2017. The results of that lottery are posted below, as well as wait list applications sent in after the lottery.
The results are posted by Primary Parent Last Name + Last 4 digits of Primary Phone Number.
Applications are no longer being accepted.
FAST Lottery Procedures are outlined below:
If the number of applicants exceeds the school’s enrollment cap, admissions preference are given according to the following enrollment priorities pursuant to O.C.G.A 20-2-2066(a)(a):
- A sibling of a student already enrolled at FAST
- A student whose parent or guardian is a member of the governing board of FAST or is a full-time teacher, professional or other employee at FAST
After those students are placed, a random lottery is held to fill the remaining spots.
- The pool of applicants is sorted according to admissions preferences provided for by the statute and by grade level, starting with kindergarten;
- Within each grade level, re-enrollments and applications are sorted to these categories, arranged in order of admissions preference;
a) returning resident student (re-enrollments)
b) child of board member or full-time staff member;
c) sibling of returning resident student;
d) new resident applicant;
- The Admissions Committee reserves spaces for returning students and those students granted enrollment priority. Any remaining spaces are allocated by holding a drawing of names by category in admissions preference order starting with category d).
- After all grade levels have been completed, names that remain are placed by preference category, in a drawing order, on the school’s waiting list. Names are drawn one by one; as each student is drawn, that student and applicant siblings are immediately placed in their respective grade levels. When the lottery process is completed, sibling applicants are placed on the waiting list. Should attrition reduce the number of enrolled students after completion of the admissions process, FAST fills openings from the waiting list, or if no names remain on the list, after a suitable period of full public notice, a secondary admissions process is held to fill available spaces.